5th International Gathering of Youth
Sunday, August 2nd to Sunday, August 9th, 2009
At the Basilica of St. Francis, Assisi, Italy
Theme: The Gospel: this is my life.
• There will be a different development of the theme every day.
• The young people who attend will be on pilgrimage to various Franciscan sites.
• There will be time for common prayer, reflection, and discussion (the participants will be divided into language groups).
• On Wednesday, August 5th, the participants will travel to Rome to see the Holy Father.
• The young people and their leaders sleep in tents. The tents will
be supplied without cost. Participants must bring their own camping
gear…sleeping bag, flashlight, etc.
A) Travel expenses from place of origin (e.g., Montreal) to Rome and
return (the cost, per participant, will vary depending on their place
B) Travel expenses by train (2nd Class) from Rome to Assisi and return to Rome… about 36 euros.
To be announced. However, if you want a gauge, the registration fee for
the last International Gathering which was held in 2006 was 210 euros.
The registration fee includes:
- all meals (simple but adequate);
- the pilgrimage to Rome to see the Pope and return to Assisi
- printed booklet (in four languages: Italian, Spanish, English and Polish).
Registration details have not been finalized.
For further information, contact Friar Ed Debono: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Participants may also want to bring a musical instrument(s) for
community night and song sheets (photo copies may be made at the
• Groups may want to prepare a skit or some event which involves the
audience, as well as consider bringing a large Canadian flag and other
© Fontbonne Ministries, Sisters of St. Joseph, Toronto | Privacy/Legal Info | Contact Info | Website by Poverello Media