Current Issues - Future Directions
Organized by: the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition - Canada
Co-Sponsored by: Euthanasia Prevention Coalition - Canada, NOT DEAD YET - USA, Compassionate Healthcare Network - Canada, Physicians for Compassionate Care - USA, Vermont Alliance for Ethical Healthcare - Vermont, Care NOT Killing Alliance - UK, No Less Human, UK.
Nearly every leader and significant speaker on the issues of euthanasia and assisted suicide will be attending this Symposium. Make sure that it includes you.
The program begins on Friday November 30th at 9:30 am and ends on Saturday at 5:30 pm. The Friday night dinner speaker is Professor Margaret Somerville founding director of the McGill Centre for Medicine, Ethics and Law.
The list of speakers include:
• Margaret Somerville, the founding director of the McGill Centre for Medicine, Ethics and Law. Somerville is the author of many internationally recognized books including: The Ethical Imagination and Death Talk.
• Dr. Peter Saunders is the director of the Care NOT Killing Alliance in the UK, that co-ordinates organizations in the UK that oppose euthanasia and assisted suicide and support palliative care. They were instrumental in defeating a recent assisted suicide bill in the UK.
• Dr William Toffler is the national director of Physicians for Compassionate Care in Portland Oregon, a national organizations of physicians who oppose euthanasia and assisted suicide in the US.
• Dr. Bob Orr is the director of the Vermont Alliance for Ethical Health Care opposes assisted suicide and promotes ethical healthcare practices. They were instrumental in defeating a recent assisted suicide bill in Vermont.
• Diane Coleman is the founder of NOT DEAD YET, a leading disability rights group in the US.
• Stephen Drake is the research director for NOT DEAD YET.
• Allison Davis is the national co-ordinator of No Less Human in the UK, a national disability rights organization
.• Hugh Scher is the legal counsel for the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition and the former chair of the Council of Canadians with Disabilities Human Rights Committee. Hugh is a leading lawyer in Canada on Human Rights, Constitutional and End-of-Life Issues.
• Alex Schadenberg is the Executive Director of the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition in Canada.
• Rita Marker is the Executive Director of the International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide. Rita is the leader and the unifying force for groups that oppose euthanasia and assisted suicide.
• Wesley J. Smith, attorney for the International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide. Smith is the author of many books including: Forced Exit. Smith is a powerful speaker.
• Bobby Schindler is the brother of Terri Schiavo and works for the Terri Schindler Schiavo Foundation.
• Catherine Frazee is the co-director of Ryerson University (RBC) Institute for Disability Studies, and the former chair of the Ontario Human Rights Commission (1990 - 95). She is an extraordinarily gifted intellectual leader.
• Bert Dorenbos is the leader of Cry for Life in the Netherlands.
• Cheryl Eckstein is the founder of the Compassionate Health Care Network in Canada.
• Dr. Paul Byrne is a Neonatologist from Ohio and a recognized expert in the area of Brain Death.
• Dr Mark Mostert is an expert on the Nazi T4 - euthanasia program.
There has never been a Symposium on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide like this before.
The cost for the Symposium is:
$189 - adult, $100 - students or people with disabilities.
(Includes Friday lunch & dinner and Saturday lunch)
Register by contacting the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free: 1-877-439-3348.
Please contact the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition for special one day rates.
© Fontbonne Ministries, Sisters of St. Joseph, Toronto | Privacy/Legal Info | Contact Info | Website by Poverello Media